Tracks or Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracks or Wheels

Best setup for driveways and small parking lots? I’ve heard tracks can mess up the base easier.

Tracks for sure! Unless you do mostly mainlining and your running over existing asphalt all day. We switched from a Blaw Know 161 to a Weiler track machine and the difference is amazing. With the tire machine we were constantly getting stuck trying to push trucks and rutting up the stone. The track machine will push a loaded truck on stone, up a hill no problem. The only downfall to a small track like our Weiler is it is very rough to road and does leave some windrow when turning, but I wouldn’t trade it for a tire machine any day. We paved over 3+ feet of #8 gravel this fall while laying some Pourous asphalt and there was no way we would have been able to pave it with our old tire machine without sinking!

Comment

I had heard one of the bigger track pavers, either the larger Carlson or Weiler really had a problem with tracks ripping up the base? I think it was the larger Carlson, but anyone have any experience?

Comment

I know Weiler was bragging about having each track pad being independent and made of a thicker material for durability and ease of replacement. I recall the rep stating that they did less damage than regular rubber tracks

Comment

The only problem we have had ripping up the base was if the base was soft or thin, nothing the tire machine wouldn’t have ripped up though. I’ll trade that for not being able to push trucks, cutting ruts and sinking the paver as you would with a tire machine.

Comment

Always been a tire guy.. Blaw Knox PF 65, then PF 115, then PF 171A, and a PF 2181.. Its just about what your use to.. Now we're looking at a PF 150B to update our PF 115 with single front bogie

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Sealcoating View Post
              The only problem we have had ripping up the base was if the base was soft or thin, nothing the tire machine wouldn’t have ripped up though. I’ll trade that for not being able to push trucks, cutting ruts and sinking the paver as you would with a tire machine.
              I didn’t think about that, do tires pose issues when pushing trucks?

Comment

We always had issues pushing trucks with our tire machines especially on stone or if we would have to drag a pile down it would just spin tires and cut ruts.

Comment

Working...
                X