Stamped Asphalt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamped Asphalt

Does anyone still use the stamping grids? I know they were popular years ago.

Originally posted by SealCoater View Post
    Does anyone still use the stamping grids? I know they were popular years ago.
    There was some following some years back but at the cost it never really caught on. The one guy I know in my area that had a Street Print set up got out of it..it just never delivered on the promise..

Comment

I’m curious to know what happend to the system if you bailed on it.. It was my understanding street print was a franchise type model... I wonder if guys could have kept the tools and still installled without being a street print rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post
        I’m curious to know what happend to the system if you bailed on it.. It was my understanding street print was a franchise type model... I wonder if guys could have kept the tools and still installled without being a street print rep.
        Unfortunately to be a franchise you need to be supplying or supporting a product, system or service, that the franchiser has a lock on.. The stamps and paints were being made sold and marketed by other producers.. so anyone who wanted to get into it were able to do so. And the mother ship didn't do shit to support its franchisee's.. And to top all that off, it was just too costly to sell the perceived value..

Comment

Originally posted by CousinVinny View Post

Unfortunately to be a franchise you need to be supplying or supporting a product, system or service, that the franchiser has a lock on.. The stamps and paints were being made sold and marketed by other producers.. so anyone who wanted to get into it were able to do so. And the mother ship didn't do shit to support its franchisee's.. And to top all that off, it was just too costly to sell the perceived value..
          I do remember cost being outrageous. I remember the initial buy in was like 25k.

Comment

We did Streetprint for 5 years. The problem for us was two-fold. Living in Utah we experience snowfall. When our Streetprint driveways were plowed, invariably there were a few areas that had scrapes, which revealed the black asphalt under the terra-cotta colored coating. Our springs consisted of running around touching up our previous years jobs. Ultimately we decided to place the texture but forgo the coating. But not before we mistakenly did a driveway for my brother-in-law. The only way I could get out of constantly recoating it was to divorce his sister lol

Comment

Originally posted by JustLikeArock View Post
              We did Streetprint for 5 years. The problem for us was two-fold. Living in Utah we experience snowfall. When our Streetprint driveways were plowed, invariably there were a few areas that had scrapes, which revealed the black asphalt under the terra-cotta colored coating. Our springs consisted of running around touching up our previous years jobs. Ultimately we decided to place the texture but forgo the coating. But not before we mistakenly did a driveway for my brother-in-law. The only way I could get out of constantly recoating it was to divorce his sister lol
              That’s a good point to consider...I didn’t think about chipping. Do you still do any??

Comment

• JustLikeArock
                JustLikeArock commented
                Editing a comment
                No. But I still have the grids.

Originally posted by JustLikeArock View Post
              But not before we mistakenly did a driveway for my brother-in-law. The only way I could get out of constantly recoating it was to divorce his sister lol
              Too Fn funny..

Comment

We still do stamping, mainly for patios and addresses at the bottom of driveways. We also have winters here so its tough to sell the coatings for entire driveways, as plows screw up the color when you look at it come spring time.

Comment

Working...
                X