Municipal patching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Municipal patching

Anyone here contract with local cities to do patch repair for utility cuts or basic repairs. Local areas here no longer have access to large amounts of cold patch now equipment to use HMA. Wonder if it’s a decent business model

It can be decent depending on your area. We have found it to be very cut throat here. Also most contracts require an on call basis year around, which can be a challenge. Most repairs are for broken waterlines after they fix the line. I think you would have better luck supplying material to them, but I guess its all about the town you live in.

Comment

Bahahah yea I agree I’m working the material aspect, small town I used to work for them actually , they pour concrete now in utility cuts when they get enough for a minimum order so they are used to waiting. They don’t have the ability to hot patch which is what I can offer at a little cheaper and quicker pace than concrete . It’s not often . They can’t get cold patch now so they wait until the county has someone come in and do a batch of chip seal patch and hire a dump truck to fill potholes right then. So they are short on options

Comment

Originally posted by CCSS2015 View Post
        Bahahah yea I agree I’m working the material aspect, small town I used to work for them actually , they pour concrete now in utility cuts when they get enough for a minimum order so they are used to waiting. They don’t have the ability to hot patch which is what I can offer at a little cheaper and quicker pace than concrete . It’s not often . They can’t get cold patch now so they wait until the county has someone come in and do a batch of chip seal patch and hire a dump truck to fill potholes right then. So they are short on options
        In that case I’d be all over it. Man if they do concrete, surely you could find a way for alternates. Even Bulk UPM.

Comment

We talked and they are thinking that it would be good to work out a contract price per square ft with a minimum of 1 ton order and just utilizing me for that when repairs are necessary . Basically they backfill and I come behind and square up the hole and fill with hot mix from the plant . Plan is to wait until they have a couple places but other wise there will be a minimum charge. Has to be discussed with council and also they are watching the test patch of aquapatch we put down for their smaller stuff. If I can ever get this deal with one I’ll have most in the area .

Comment

Working...
          X