Top Mid-Sized Pavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Mid-Sized Pavers

What does everyone use for mid-size work and why? Driveways to medium commercial. Lets say up to 400t per day.

We have a Weiler and love it. Small enough to fit in tight areas and big enough for big mainline jobs. We have had Blaw Knox 161’s and 180’s in the past which are twice the size and screed only extending out to 13ft. While the Weiler goes out to 16ft. We were worried with the small size of the screed it would lay an inconsistent mat but actually lays a lot better mat than our Blaw Knox.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Sealcoating View Post
      We have a Weiler and love it. Small enough to fit in tight areas and big enough for big mainline jobs. We have had Blaw Knox 161’s and 180’s in the past which are twice the size and screed only extending out to 13ft. While the Weiler goes out to 16ft. We were worried with the small size of the screed it would lay an inconsistent mat but actually lays a lot better mat than our Blaw Knox.
      What model Weiler do you have? Whats a decent day tonnage wise, and to be done paving by say 4pm?

Comment

Always been a BlawKnox guy (I'm old). We have a PF115 with a single front bogey and a PF 2181. I like the rubber tire machines. I think if or when I buy/upgrade I will go with the new PF 150. Liquid cooled engine and electric heat.

Comment

Originally posted by CousinVinny View Post
          Always been a BlawKnox guy (I'm old). We have a PF115 with a single front bogey and a PF 2181. I like the rubber tire machines. I think if or when I buy/upgrade I will go with the new PF 150. Liquid cooled engine and electric heat.
          Vin, do you see or have you seen much difference from a tire to track machine on a driveway? I know some guys were saying the larger Weiler had a problem with the tracks ripping the mat.

Comment

The Carlsons seems to be the talk of the town, but get ready to pay. Not happy with the Leeboy screed quality last few years.

Comment

Apparently this was going to be Bomags next gen paver back in 2015. It’s a bf6515. Rumor has it they made 5, all of which were sold at auction of which this is one example. But the screed is where Bomag/Gilcrest shines.

Comment

Where did you find these pics of the bomag 6615?

Comment

A contractor in London, Kentucky that I bought a tank from has it in his yard. Lipps Paving I believe.

Comment

I wish bomag woulda produced these, weiler has taken over the commercial class out here in ca. I’ve always liked the gilcrest/bomags good machines.

Comment

Originally posted by JustLikeArock View Post
                      A contractor in London, Kentucky that I bought a tank from has it in his yard. Lipps Paving I believe.
                      Do they run it?

Comment

We got 4 seasons on our Weiler now we like it our work defiantly looks better because the screed is pretty heavy for a commercial class paver and it rarely breaks down we got the first model so we got the bigger augers that make the doors hang lower then they should but I heard they fixed that I got a salesman wanting me to try a Carlson this summer but its going to have to be much better because the support and over night parts availability we get from our local Cat dealer is a pretty darn good advantage to have.

Comment

Originally posted by thefindian View Post
                          We got 4 seasons on our Weiler now we like it our work defiantly looks better because the screed is pretty heavy for a commercial class paver and it rarely breaks down we got the first model so we got the bigger augers that make the doors hang lower then they should but I heard they fixed that I got a salesman wanting me to try a Carlson this summer but its going to have to be much better because the support and over night parts availability we get from our local Cat dealer is a pretty darn good advantage to have.
                          Im hearing Weilers are the way to go, and mostly its the parts and service availability. I hear the Carlsons are the Cadillacs, but that comes with a cost that usually exceeds what the little guy can spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post

Im hearing Weilers are the way to go, and mostly its the parts and service availability. I hear the Carlsons are the Cadillacs, but that comes with a cost that usually exceeds what the little guy can spend.
                            I have not seen the CP130 Carlson I only seen the little one that I had no interest in we were running sand through it at a paving seminar last spring I personally would like to see a screed not flex at all but I don't think there is such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by thefindian View Post

I have not seen the CP130 Carlson I only seen the little one that I had no interest in we were running sand through it at a paving seminar last spring I personally would like to see a screed not flex at all but I don't think there is such a thing.
                              I saw a couple demos at NPE of the Carlson and Leeboy. Dont remember the exact models, but it was a pretty noticeable difference. The Leeboy just seemed much lighter and bouncy. The Carlson pulled a nice mat. Weilers seem to be of decent quality, but since Cat got involved, having that nationwide parts and service is huge. The interesting thing is how the field has changed. 20 years ago it was all different brands, most of which are no longer around.

Comment

Working...
                              X