Concrete Joint Sealing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Joint Sealing

How many of you that do parking lots, also do concrete joints? I know there is a bit of an art to concrete to keep it clean and such, but wondering who regularly does both.

I’ve received a couple of calls on it. Pricing was always a variable. Seems pretty labor intensive if you don’t have a powered caulking gun. Are the methods other than that out available? I suppose if the customer isn’t concerned with visual look hot tar could be used? Seems it would look really bad though.

Comment

I hate it when guys smear hot tar all over concrete . Looks bad and in my opinion if there’s a joint between asphalt and concrete I say leave it alone. It just acts as another good expansion joint.

Comment

That’s the thing, concrete joint sealing has an art to it, you can’t just use a 3” disk. I’m just curious if anyone does it as part of their regular operations. FWIW we absolutely try an avoid sealing the flat edge of concrete and asphalt. Ruins that clean joint, and I personally have never seen Asphalt fail in those areas because it wasn’t sealed.

Comment

Working...
        X