Opinions on Able Industries Edger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Able Industries Edger?

I would love to hear from any of you that have used them. Thanks.

Love it! Can’t live without it. I’ve attached our company YouTube (subscribe). But we have a few videos showing it and also what we feel is a needed mod to make it work right. The problem with them you need to make the mod and dial it in, or else it’s hard to use and hence why many guys chuck them.

Comment

I watched your videos. That does look like a time saver for sure. Do you guys use a shorter wand length when you make your altercations? I'm really on the fence on this one. I can see how it would be awesome, but can also see how it could annoy the crap out of a guy. Does it seem to work well on all surface types particularly rough surfaces?

Comment

Yes, it works well on most surfaces. The real key is getting it dialed in. I promise if you get it dialed in, you wont look back, and will wonder why you didn't get it sooner. Whenever I see complaints, its because they didn't dial it in or use it right. Huge time saver. IMHO

Comment

Just used this for this first time last week... inspired by Asphaltman. Absolutely love it! It’s a huge time saver once you get it dialed in as described above. My guys aren’t as excited about it as it cuts their day short on a larger job with lots of cutting in.

Comment

Ive had this thought for a while. Why not have a small pickup with tank of a few hundred gallons, with pump that is dedicated to cut in operations. Build a stand on deck that sits a few inches off the ground to where the operator is in the back with a easy edger, with a headset to the driver. You could cut in massive lots quickly with very little walking.

Comment

I've done long driveways this way. I have a cargo basket on the back of my trailer. Stood in it with a headset and had my 14 year old son drive us out while I sprayed. Worked great. Would use the spray bar now that I have that, but I have every intention of doing just as you said after I cut in to give me more distance from the curb to use my spray bar. Just stand in the back with the wand and drive around the perimeter.

Comment

Ok, I ordered an edger today. Will give it a go in the next couple of weeks. Sealing is slow right now with the weather, but I do have a couple of large lots coming up and will report back. Thanks for all info!

Comment

Im excited to hear about it. Don't forget to dial it in and make those easy mods, it will make it that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim View Post
                    Ive had this thought for a while. Why not have a small pickup with tank of a few hundred gallons, with pump that is dedicated to cut in operations. Build a stand on deck that sits a few inches off the ground to where the operator is in the back with a easy edger, with a headset to the driver. You could cut in massive lots quickly with very little walking.
                    We have a buggy that we can run around and easily cut in, but that edger is still amazing. I always get a kick of how this industry has changed. Ill never forget the days of pushing material by hand on a Costco lot... No spray systems back then.

Comment

I am curious how much these are? I may give one a try as well.

Comment

another question, we are doing a manufactured home park that has huge hills, if welded there is only the ability to go down the park edges on one side but not the other, we would have to come up that huge hill correct? (due to it being welded and shield would only be able to protect the one side) is there a way to lock it into place without welding? (at least until this job is done?) Or maybe I am missing something when I saw the video?

Comment

The shields come with a worm gear clmap. It will work but after while it gets loose. Asphaltmans idea of welding is perfect. We just bought two shields and welded one for each direction.

Comment

What tip and pressure do y'all use? When you modify do you twist the wand to point out of the shield opening as much as possible? Thanks!

Comment

I’ll check on the pressure, I’m not on the wand any more, but I think it was around 90. Also yes, the weld is a slight cant outwards. The idea is to align it so little if any hits the shield.

Comment

Working...
                              X