• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Blower

Hurricane Walk Around
    https://youtu.be/xogzDgs-kDQ
    Warren

I just bought one at the end of last year, cant wait to actually put it to use lol

Comment

My worry about those they’re so darn big that you’ve got a trailer them to the job. Also there is concern about blowing stuff too hard and causing property damage elsewhere. I personally would rather have six or seven 9 hp blower’s then one of those. But I know the guys that have them love them.

Comment

I think they are awsome... but For the money they cost which is like 10k you can add another 10 or 15k and get a used parking lot sweeper which will collect all that dust and not just push it next door. With that sweeper you can get a a few sweeping contracts to justify keeping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim View Post
          I think they are awsome... but For the money they cost which is like 10k you can add another 10 or 15k and get a used parking lot sweeper which will collect all that dust and not just push it next door. With that sweeper you can get a a few sweeping contracts to justify keeping it.
          I couldn’t agree more. We own a tymco broom, and that’s the real way to effectively clean lots. I tell guys that even if they don’t own one, hire it out. You can hire a lot of sweeping for the cost of a hurricane. I think it’s better time management. Imho

Comment

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post

I couldn’t agree more. We own a tymco broom, and that’s the real way to effectively clean lots. I tell guys that even if they don’t own one, hire it out. You can hire a lot of sweeping for the cost of a hurricane. I think it’s better time management. Imho
            Nick what are going rates for a one time sweeping service? About 100 to 150 and hr?

Comment

I'm thinking about giving this a go.....Not sure my crew can push it though!
              Attached Files

Comment

They are too big for us. I agree, use a sweeper.

Comment

Nick what are going rates for a one time sweeping service? About 100 to 150 and hr?
                  Yes, but we still charge minimums. It covers the mobilization as well as time to wash out the truck later. We’ve never lost a job because we added sweeping, and it is a huge labor saver.

Comment

I used to know a guy that told me he used to close alot more sealcoat jobs when he pushed the fact that they mechanically brush and vac lots.

Comment

I used to know a guy that told me he used to close alot more sealcoat jobs when he pushed the fact that they mechanically brush and vac lots.
                      I think it’s all in your sales presentation and anytime you have the right equipment and can show that to the customer it makes your company look more credible and that was probably what that guy was seeing. We used to offer pressure washing certain lots before Sealcoating but it never made sense for us financially and we didn’t gain any advantage over our competitors with that.

Comment

I love yo run a sweeper over the lots.. my guys love me for doing it. We picked up a good weeper at Richie Bros last year and it’s earned its keep a few times over

Comment

I just got the current copy of sweeper / paver market, and there are many used brooms for less than the price of the Hurricane.

Comment

Theres a Schwarze on the front page for $9k...Id rather that than a BG standup

Comment

Working...
                            X