Reflective Cracks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflective Cracks

I know in many areas, an Asphalt court going to crack and re crack regardless, so my question what type of disclaimer and how often do you use it?

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post
    I know in many areas, an Asphalt court going to crack and re crack regardless, so my question what type of disclaimer and how often do you use it?
    When we do courts, its a main point, any and all cracks will return, regardless of the repair type. They almost always do. Ive seen as little as months to years, but they come back. Be very clear, because often the owner thinks that paying for crack repair fixes the problem.

Comment

It’s critical to have a crack waiver. All courts will crack. It’s all about communication.

Comment

After you have resurfaced a court, and it naturally cracks again, what’s the best way to maintain it? Obviously you can’t match the color, so it is worth it to not do any crack sealing?

Comment

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post
          After you have resurfaced a court, and it naturally cracks again, what’s the best way to maintain it? Obviously you can’t match the color, so it is worth it to not do any crack sealing?
          I think that depends on the customer and the contract. It would have to be spelled out clearly that they understand the coloration would be different. I’ve not got any experience with that part of the industry but I think if it’s a good customer and they understand what they are getting I’d be ok doing it. Otherwise I would totally pass

Comment

We’ve got a court we did, and it cracked through sooner than I would have liked. We had a disclaimer so it’s not an issue of that, but more so that they want to keep on top of it and Seal the cracks. I hate to add a neutral color sealant on the nice surface, but not sealing those cracks can be an issue too. I now see why concrete courts are more popular.

Comment

Working...
            X