Machine Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Maintenance

What does everyones end of season maintenance consist of, what things do you do to keep those stripers running in peak condition? I always go with fogging spray, fresh spark plugs, air filters, and oil changes. thew we rebuild any pumps needed, and spray guns along with hose inspections for safety.

We try to replace the hoses about every 3 years. We let the pumps sit in mineral spirits. Not much maintenance to the Honda's other than oil changes. We also sometimes will change pull starts so they dont break during the season.

Comment

I found a tune up kit for those engines on amazon . Had new coil, plug, fuel filter, air filter, carburetor, starter switch and recoil unit for 35.00. Machine runs like a top after all that

Comment

Those kits are awesome! We keep a few on hand, for the stripers, LD, and Billy Goats

Comment

We also chip our machines down. Not worth it to get all the paint off, but chipping lightens the load.

Comment

Yes cleaning the pickup and return tubes, I have a 15 gallon hopper and then just cleaning the exterior of the machine. Might not accomplish much but makes me feel better

Comment

One year we took a machine and stripped it to nothing. Seriously dis-assembled everything. Cleaned 100% of the paint off and re-assembled. Looked factory new....Well.......that lasted a week or two....No way in hell I would ever spend that time again....lol

Comment

I had the local paint store put MEK solvent in a pressurized can. Ive been using it mostly to remove the little paint drops on the frame and pump. If you keep up with it you can keep stripers relatively clean. The MEK works best if you use it one less than 30 day old paint, although I’ve had success with removing years old paint. Just not as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by JustLikeArock View Post
                  I had the local paint store put MEK solvent in a pressurized can. Ive been using it mostly to remove the little paint drops on the frame and pump. If you keep up with it you can keep stripers relatively clean. The MEK works best if you use it one less than 30 day old paint, although I’ve had success with removing years old paint. Just not as fast.
                  Use carb or brake cleaner. Same if not stronger. Or use Aircraft remover.

Comment

We use our machines year around. Just do periodic engine maintenance.

Comment

With 10 machines that’s a full time job!!

Comment

Both of mine are going under the gun this winter. This season has been hard on the machines it’s time for a redo lol

Comment

Working...
                        X