Graco Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graco Maintenance

What kind of oil do you guys run in your line stripers? Im wondering if a full synthetic would be better. I always keep the oil changed on a regular basis. Not sure if a full synthetic will make any difference. I'm running line laser 3900 machines. and of course the line drivers.

We run basic oil in the machines. Never had any problems with the engines on the stripers, just the line driver engine gets old and looses power. We run the oil up to the point where it spills out. That way when you make a real sharp turn the motors do not stall out.

Comment

Hey Jpanz, out of curiosity, what do you do preventative maintenance wise each off season. Do you repack each year? How long do you let hoses go etc? We tend to repack about every other year. We have so many machines now that they don't get hammered like when we only had a couple. We do hoses about every other year as well. Usually every year each machine gets some new parts. Ive always been one that feels like maintenance pays in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post
        Hey Jpanz, out of curiosity, what do you do preventative maintenance wise each off season. Do you repack each year? How long do you let hoses go etc? We tend to repack about every other year. We have so many machines now that they don't get hammered like when we only had a couple. We do hoses about every other year as well. Usually every year each machine gets some new parts. Ive always been one that feels like maintenance pays in the long run.
        Not that much anymore. In the spring we look at the hoses for rub marks, check the cable for damage. Change the oil. And add any new items I have made. Other than that I only repack when I see the need. The guy who does my repairs does a 24 hour turn around for me so I dont worry about the packings anymore. Maybe if its not running right Ill throw in a spark plug.

Comment

We change our oil often. Nothing else to the engines minus a plug every few years. We use regular 10-30 Dino oil. We also keep a stash of parts to swap out, the eBay ones. For the machine, we inspect everything very close monthly. Most hoses get about two years. Packings depends on when they start to leak.

Comment

We are regular on the oil changes too. We buy the Amazon Chinese parts to swap carbs or pull starts as needed. Super cheap to have a box of spares. For the machines we re-pack yearly. Hoses go as we see wear, usually 2-3 years, but I fear a blowout, so we always replace sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
            X