Laser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser

I do 95% of my striping during the day is it worth it for me to get a laser being I am working in sunlight

It works very well in the sun. Take slightly longer than at night because you have to move the shadow box. 20 seconds to move to the next line. You have to stripe a little differently than normal because you want to be painting in the direction of the sun so the laser shows up in the shadow box. We use it all the time during the day without any issues.

Comment

OK thanks I just ordered one gl2000 does not come with battery any battery better than another?

Comment

Originally posted by Musky54 View Post
        OK thanks I just ordered one gl2000 does not come with battery any battery better than another?
        I am not sure what comes with the LazerGuide2000. I only bought the laser nothing else.

Comment

We've used ours during the day as well. I dont know why I didn't get it sooner.

Comment

make sure you get the new mount that puts the laser up near the handlebars. it makes seeing the lazer so much better in the day. i used to have to get my helper to cast a shadow in the box so i could see it. with the new mount i can see it even if the sun is over my shoulder.

Comment

Getting ready to order another machine with AL. Not sure about the laser. Have any of you used it in very hilly lots (striping side of hill)? I have one we made and it works great on flat lots but not worth a damn on side of hill using shadow box. I can make a better line by just connecting the dots placed about 1/2 way into a stall.

Comment

Be good if they could make the laser holder floating not sure of the word so that it does not move when hitting bumps I bet jpanz could come up with one

Comment

Originally posted by scott36854 View Post
                  make sure you get the new mount that puts the laser up near the handlebars. it makes seeing the lazer so much better in the day. i used to have to get my helper to cast a shadow in the box so i could see it. with the new mount i can see it even if the sun is over my shoulder.
                  Scott (or Anyone else) know if that new upper mount would work (or fit) on a Version 4 model?

Comment

Originally posted by MJR Line Striping View Post

Scott (or Anyone else) know if that new upper mount would work (or fit) on a Version 4 model?
                    I have not seen any mounts for the LL4 or LL3. I have made a mount for the LL3. Working on one for a LL4

Comment

Working...
                    X