Cleaning up over spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up over spray?

Is there a good solvent to use when I have water based paint over spray?

Originally posted by Stripeguy 2 View Post
    Is there a good solvent to use when I have water based paint over spray?
    Whats the surface it's on? Also is it actual overspray, or the mist that sometimes happens?

Comment

It is overspray on concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripeguy 2 View Post
        It is overspray on concrete.
        there are a few things that go into this, and I'm having trouble understanding what it is you dealing with. I haven't ever seen this with water base, however i don't think it is impossible. sometimes you get the stringy dry overspray dust that you can kick off with your foot, usually happens on really hot days. The more common with water base, is the misty or fuzzy edge on the lines, and is pretty much just a part of using water base. you can reduce this fuzzy edge by playing with the pressure and using different tip sizes. you just have to fine tune your process. now if what you are referring to here is an actual mess, that is definitely bonded with the surface, there isn't really a solvent that will take it off. you will end up just smearing the color around, and tinting the concrete the color of the paint ever so slightly. your best bet would be to use a blade grinder or a wire wheel on a grazer or drill to take it off. then just blow the dust off. I hope this has helped you, please post pics if you have anymore questions, as it will help me know better what issue you are dealing with.

Comment

I over sprayed on a garage door recently. What worked really well for me is oil.flo give it a shot see how it works for you

Comment

Is it paint or sealer overspray?

Comment

Acetone will soften the paint, but you're going to have to be very careful not to remove the paint from the garage door at the same time. Traffic paint will often be quite chunky when I've over sprayed. Meaning if you accidentally trigger it and get some over spray on your truck or trailer that is 10 feet away it will be larger chunks. I've used a plastic razor blade a few days later to remove stuff like that. It just pops off the paint.

Comment

If it’s paint, the dewalt diamond grinder wheel is nice for small areas.

Comment

Working...
                X