How many stripers do you have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many stripers do you have?

Just curious how many stripers everyone runs? I currently have 2 3900's but would like to get 2 more for strictly oil based. I had 3 but did a partial trade on one for a SS125. I like running oil based on new asphalt as it dries much faster and seems to be more durable but a pain in the butt to switch back and fourth from water based to oil based.

We have six- 5 3900’s and 1 3500. Our problem, we can only take 4 in our trailer. I would look into acetone paints so you don’t have to switch. They stopped us from switching. You’ll also find solvent based paints are easier on the pumps.

Comment

The previous posts about paint were moved to the paint topic FYI. We can continue that there, and the striper discussion here.

Comment

I just bought my 4th Graco 3900.
        When I started I bought 2 used 3900. Version IVs. I wanted to switch to oil based compared to latex. I bought another used Version IV 3900.

I will be taking delivery in next week or so of a new Version V 3900 with auto layout.

I bought a larger trailer. My main reason for adding machines was to cut down on time changing out paint in machines.

Comment

Originally posted by MJR Line Striping View Post
          I just bought my 4th Graco 3900.
          When I started I bought 2 used 3900. Version IVs. I wanted to switch to oil based compared to latex. I bought another used Version IV 3900.

I will be taking delivery in next week or so of a new Version V 3900 with auto layout.

I bought a larger trailer. My main reason for adding machines was to cut down on time changing out paint in machines.
          That’s us too. Ours our older LL2’s but still strong as ever. Not flushing paint is nice and save tons of time.

Comment

Any of you guys run multiple trailers with your machines? We have the ability but don’t.

Comment

got 1 trailer, 1-3400 1-3900 1-5000 trailer 2 has a 1-3900 per driver, 1-3400, and one compressed air tank unit

Comment

Nice! Do you keep that compressed air unit for spraying blue or anything specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Asphaltman View Post
                  Nice! Do you keep that compressed air unit for spraying blue or anything specific?
                  It's for inside jobs, and food plants, where gas engines are not allowed. That's it on the left.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Shepoutside; 01-12-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

We run 10 Gracos. We have 4 drivers. 1 trailer. Most are 3900 but have one hydraulic.

Comment

Hi, just joined today, have been striping since 2003 and recognize a lot of names from the plp. We run 5 Gracos Lazy liners and golf cart. On trick have found when switching paint types is we keep extra pickup tube, hose and elbow and change when going from water base to oil base. Seems the problems always occur when water base comes loose on the suction side.

Comment

Hey Milt glad to see you found the new hot spot.

We have 9 machines, 1- LLV 5900 auto. 2- LL4 5900 autolayout, 2- LL4 autolayout, 2- LL4 3900. and 2- LL4 5900. And four linedrivers

Comment

Glad to have found it. Missed the forum.

Comment

We Run 15 Graco's 1- 5900 LLV W/auto guns 1-3900 w/ auto layout. The rest is a mix of 3900 -5900 Graco's, five trantex thermo machines 1 Apollo.We have 4 line drivers and 2 up cut 630 Graco grinders 1 Edco grinder. Looking to buy 1 more driver and going to get a demo on the Graco thermo machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Milt View Post
                              Hi, just joined today, have been striping since 2003 and recognize a lot of names from the plp. We run 5 Gracos Lazy liners and golf cart. On trick have found when switching paint types is we keep extra pickup tube, hose and elbow and change when going from water base to oil base. Seems the problems always occur when water base comes loose on the suction side.
                              Hey Milt, great to see you here! It’s awesome to see the old PLP crew returning. If you guys ever have suggestions for the site, let us know. Question of your cart, is that a pallet striper? Did you make it? I remember getting close to buying that Cushman Cart / Graco deal that Dispensing Technologies made, but never found a way to justify the cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X