Striping Coming Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striping Coming Up

Did a restripe about 9 months ago on a concrete lot. Facilities had pressure washed prior to us arriving. Everything looked good but the stripes that have been exposed to the weather are coming up. They said the used a deicer and plowed but describe it more as a washing off effect than a pulling up. Any ideas? I used SW latex paint on it

Part of the problem I feel is latex on concrete. Never had any good results with latex adhering to concrete.

Comment

Was wondering should I pressure wash it and hit it with acetone. Interesting that the stuff on the north side that’s under cover did fine

Comment

There must have been release agent still on the concrete. Thank goodness that we have only parking garages with concrete around us. I always have had good results with the LOW voc acetone paint.

Comment

I’m sure it’s beacuase of the latex paint on concrete. I have used latex on concrete in the past and it wears super fast, I would use acetone on all of your concrete.

Comment

Concrete was about 10 years old so I’m thinking the release agent was gone, old stripes had pretty good wear but weren’t peeling. Maybe latex over acetone? Would that contribute? Also at a tow boat company so maybe something else caused it

Comment

My experience, nothing sticks to concrete well, and the smoother it is, the harder it is to get to stick. Back in the day with Chlorinated Rubber traffic paints, it would still come up on concrete- which is odd because CR was also known as swimming pool paint. We use acetone paints now and its okay, but I really try and get people to not paint as often on concrete. We had a mall here where they spent a fortune to sand blast their curbing which was peeling bad....well 6 months later, the new paint started to peel. Concrete i just tougher than asphalt in my experiences.

Comment

Working...
              X